12 September 2010

Hot-Wiring Brains

I was reunited with an old friend from school, he is a psychiatrist now. I shared my drafts of short stories with him. A few catching-up sessions followed, all of them were inspiring. He said the association welcomes help to communicate, it is time they reach out to the general public and increase awareness of mental illness. I have always been interested in the topic and how patients and their loved ones cope. The best way for me to volunteer is by assisting with publicity and copywriting.

Suddenly, it occured to me that I could churn out a whole anthology on the theme of mental illness. My friend got excited with the idea and managed to get his colleagues and patients excited too. He said his manic depressive patient can't wait to talk to me. I look forward to attending their activities starting from next week.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm, I think I know you ie your previous blogger name but I could be wrong. :) Of course you can be more anonymous if you change your writing style.

    Anyway, selamat hari raya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms B,
    Thanks for dropping by. Selamat Hari Raya to you too. LOL! You could be right. I guess some habits are controlled by our subconcious mind, and therefore, are tough to change:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam aidilfitri juger wat akak melur ittewww.. ja’alanallahu minal ‘aidin wal faizin, maaf zahir batin dr me yg jauh dimata..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, en_me. Macam mana la agaknya rasa sambut Raya kat Austria tu ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't be too engrossed talking to those manic patient. they can talk non stop for hours and you will end up having "shared delusion". heeee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Synaptophysin,
    Selamat Hari Raya. Think I know you, hehe... Hopefully, it's not 'contagious' la, as if I don't have enough problems already, LOL!

    ReplyDelete